* Marcel Hilzinger <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> [Nov 24. 2006 14:13]:
> Just a proposal for 10.3, as for 10.2 it's too late anyway:
>
> I think the installation source module should not fetch any other data then
> the source name. It should just put the right info on the right place, like
> editing /etc/apt/sources.list or a file in /etc/yum/yum.d.repos/

When adding a repository, retrieving the metadata is the right thing
to do to detect problems. If you start to download metadata when starting
a package manager, errors will be quite confusing.

> Why? With the current solution, each time you launch the installation source
> module metadata is fetched.

This is wrong and we want to fix this for 10.3.
Downloading (resp. refreshing) repository metadata should not be done
when starting a software managment application.

Klaus