On Fri, 24 Nov 2006, Eberhard Moenkeberg wrote:
> It does not take longer time to get a sense for a shorter word.
> But directory listings have a chance to be readable and submitting URLs
> has a chance not to get broken if the path names are short.
>
> the length of
>
> /pub/opensuse/distribution/openSUSE-10.2/repositories/source-non-oss/
>
> already is really crazy and a pain for everyone who needs to spell or
> type it - a full line already, and still missing protocol prefix,
> hostname, arch suffix and filename.
>
> /pub/suse/i386/9.3/ was a good path naming and length.

I prefer shorter names as well.  I always seem to have problems typing in
the longer names and with my Dislexia, I do not always notice the type-o's

I really like the names for the 9.X series.  I would really like to see
the names shortend.

Thanks,

--
Boyd Gerber <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
ZENEZ   1042 East Fort Union #135, Midvale Utah  84047