Thanks a lot for all your comments, I have refined my proposal now
taking them into account!

How does this look?  Are we fine to go for 10.2 and 10.3 with these?

Goals
=====
* Clear naming
* Smaller repositories for faster metadata download
* Use structure for 10.3 again

Separate trees
==============

* OSS (factory)
* NON-OSS (factory-extra)
* Debug (factory-debug)
* Sources for OSS
* Sources for NON-OSS

Naming
======
* let's use "repository" instead of catalog, inst-source etc.

FTP Structure
=============

Below .../opensuse/distribution/ we will have a "10.2" with the
following subdirectories:
* iso
* repo

The "iso" subdirectory has the following subdirectories:
* delta - delta ISO images
* dvd - DVD5 iso images
* cd - CD iso images, contains Base CDs and Add-ons (including Non-OSS
  Addon)
* torrent (all torrent files)

The "repo" subdirectory has the following subdirectories:
* debug - repository with just debuginfo packages
* non-oss - repository with only Non-OSS packages
* oss - repository with only OSS packages
* src-non-oss - source RPMs for the non-oss tree
* src-oss - source RPMs for the oss tree

Factory Distribution
====================

The factory tree should be separated in a similar way:

Below .../opensuse/distribution/ we will have a "factory-repo" with
the following subdirectories:

* debug - repository with just debuginfo packages
* non-oss - repository with only Non-OSS packages
* oss - repository with only OSS packages
* src-non-oss - source RPMs for the non-oss tree
* src-oss - source RPMs for the oss tree

Andreas
--
 Andreas Jaeger, [EMAIL PROTECTED], http://www.suse.de/~aj/
  SUSE Linux Products GmbH, Maxfeldstr. 5, 90409 Nürnberg, Germany