Basil Chupin wrote:
> RC1 was upgraded last night (using smart) and I noticed that mc was
> one of the apps which got upgraded.
>
> Using mc, I went to copy a directory from the second HD (hdc), which
> is formatted with reiserfs, to my home directory on the first HD
> (hda), formatted with the now default ext3, and at the end of the
> "copying" process the computer was locked solid - no keyboard, no
> mouse - only way out was to reboot. After the reboot there was no sign
> of the copied directory - ie, nothing got copied but the process just
> locked up the system. To be sure that this was not a 'once off'
> occurrence I repeated this 2x more with same results.
>
> What I don't know is whether it is mc's F5 copy is doing this or
> whether the standard command cp will also do the same - I cannot test
> at the moment but I thought I would post this so that others may
> verify this lockup.
>
> Cheers.

I just happened to do about the same about half an hour ago without any
problems.
I copied a directory of 1000+ files over the VMWare network (inside the
host machine).

My installation is a VMWare guest in the current factory stage from this
morning.

--
Vahis
Motorcycling, Boating and openSUSE: http://waxborg.servepics.com