Hi,

A suggestion for openSUSE10.3.

I've noticed that <filelists.xml.gz> is refreshed by Yast YOU if it has
changed on the server. It takes me about 4 minutes to download from
<mirror.pacific.net.au> and is currently 2.9MB in size.

I had a look at this compressed text file and observed that it contains a very
large proportion of redundant data.

        /a/b/c/d/e/file1
        /a/b/c/d/e/file2
        etc

If this file could be compressed further by omitting the redundant data the
compressed version would download much faster and may improve the end users
experience of updating their system.