On 12/14/06, Adrian Schröter <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
Am Thursday 14 December 2006 05:51 schrieb Jigish Gohil:
> On 12/13/06, Ted Bullock <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> > Will the ifolder server be available as a package in the 10.3 release or
> > will it remain as an external package?
>
> Is there a voting for this enhancement somewhere? I would like to see
> iFolder in openSUSE too.

The iFolder client is free and could be packaged by someone.

The server is a commercial product, so it does not apply to our "OSI licenses
only" rule for opensuse.org.

From what I understand reading this
http://www.ifolder.com/index.php/IFolder_Server:

"Novell is making available all of the iFolder 3 server components to
the iFolder open source project - now all iFolder components will be
available for anyone to use."

If its not OSS, then perhaps it can go in non-OSS section. Only reason
it is not widely used as samba is probably because it is not widely
available. It is a great product and should be promoted.

Cheers

-J