Hi,

I am not sure whether this is the right mailing list for this issue. I
looked through the list of mailing lists on opensuse.org and felt like
this one might fit.

I am using vim/gvim for several years in connection with suse linux
running kde. One issue that always annoyed me was that when I have gvim
open with some files loaded and I log out from kde and log in again,
gvim will come up with an empty session.

Now I know there is a way to do this by hand, saving the current session
in gvim with :mksession <sessionname> and then later restore that
session with :source <sessionname>. However, I know from a friend who
uses mandrake, that there the session restores automatically under kde.

On and off I was searching the web for this issue and ran now across
some documentation that talked about that:

  http://vimdoc.sourceforge.net/htmldoc/gui_x11.html#GNOME

There it says that if gvim is compiled as gnome gui, it works together
with the gnome session manager and also should work together with the
kde session manager.

I looked for information on my 10.1 gvim installation and it says:

  :version
  VIM - Vi IMproved 6.4 (2005 Oct 15, compiled May  2 2006 09:59:09)
  Included patches: 1-6
  Compiled by [EMAIL PROTECTED]
  Big version with GTK2 GUI.
  [...]

So it looks like that gvim is compiled for GTK2 and according to the
documentation then does not support the kde session manager?

I am no expert here and maybe there are other ways to get it going. I
was just wondering whether anyone know whether that would be a solution
to add session support to gvim and whether that could be an option to
compile gvim that way in future releases?

Cheers,

Guenter