Klaus Kaempf wrote:

Well, the default should stay with 'vi' , I agree.
The question is, do we want to enforce this default or allow alternatives ?

and more the question is what incarnation of vi...

I made a search, some time ago, there is no "original vi" nowaday. Vim is very nice but big, and there are many vi clones

we have to ask us how small we want this to be. the smaller at all would be busybox related, minimal floppy distros like mulinux _have_ a minimal editor that can mimics as well vi as nano or pico.

but this is probably too far to go

jdd

--
http://www.dodin.net
Votez pour nous, merci - vote for us, thanks :-)