Hi,

On Fri, 23 Feb 2007, Philipp Thomas wrote:
> * Edward Dunagin ([EMAIL PROTECTED]) [20070223 16:45]:

> > I am running 10.2 and I use apt. It is SO much better than yast2.
> > Yast2 is unreliable and SLOW on my system. Other parts of Yast2 are
> > fine. Just  the software management part.
>
> Maybe I hadn't made myself clear enough. The question is not whether to drop
> apt, but rather whether repomd support is more important than compatibility
> with synaptic (which I'll definitely *not* fix to work with the beta
> apt-rpm).

repomd support is the heart of apt meanwhile.
I will not create new apt repositories any more - the latest are for 10.1.

So an apt which is part of factory is of no use if it does not support
repomd.

Better to have a working tool without GUI than a useless tool with GUI.

Cheers -e
--
Eberhard Moenkeberg ([EMAIL PROTECTED], [EMAIL PROTECTED])