On Friday 20 April 2007 13:13:04 Henne Vogelsang wrote:
> I see and i dont like it. Because that would mean that you never get
> anything updated from a 3rd party repo because there the vendor will
> always be != <what you have now a.k.a. SUSE after a install>

Of course not, because the package from a 3er party is seen as a replacement,
not as an upgrade.

You can always manually (click twice) "upgrade" (or "replace") one vendor to
another, and then the semantics are the same, the packages will be
automatically updated if newer versions from your new vendor are available.

If it does not work like I say, it basically means cou could be playing ping
pong across 2 or 3 vendors as newer packages come out, or you do it like now,
which sucks.

Duncan