On Friday 27 April 2007 04:25, Alberto Passalacqua wrote:
> > This is just unnecessary purism. Why do you think both cannot coexist,
> > if just for their shared libraries?
> >
> > Ciao, Marcus
>
> I don't think they can't coexist. I think the user should choose what to
> install, considering both desktop environments have equivalent
> applications for basic desktop usage.
>
> KDE apps in GNOME (and viceversa), even if themed, are not well
> integrated and give the impression of an inconsistent environment and
> user experience.
>
> Moreover both DE apps have the bad habit to install a lot of other
> things which make the menu fuller without a real reason.
>
> Regards,

Hi Alberto,

I have feeling that Ubuntu/Kubuntu way would be solution that you are looking
for, but taking that some applications in both desktop environments are
mature while counterpart is far from that, making graphic style or size of
system priority will affect functionality.

Last time I compared distros it was Red Hat 9 vs. SUSE 9.
The only thing Red Hat got better is graphic appearance.
SUSE 9 got better hardware recognition, more programs and more programs that
have no missing functionality. I got in both distros file managers, but
Konqueror was by far better than Nautilus.

--
Regards, Rajko.
http://en.opensuse.org/Portal