Here're the minutes from the last meeting,
Andreas

* dbus restart

  Restarting of d-bus needs special handling in every package, otherwise
  they might crash.  Upstream d-bus maintainer currently say that d-bus
  should not get restarted.

  The long-term goal is that all applications and services should handle
  d-bus restarts gracefully.

  For the short term, we will advice the user to reboot the system and
  not automatically restart d-bus during package updates.

* Moving d-bus to /

  This is need for some potential changes in hal.  Since we did not have
  enough details, we decided to stay for now with the default and
  rediscuss when needed.

* Shared library policy
  see: http://en.opensuse.org/Shared_Library_Packaging_Policy

  If nobody raises objections, we'll move forward with it and add it to
  the packagers manual.

  Note: This is not enforced for existing packages.  It should be done
  for major updates and must be done for new package submissions.

  AI: everybody to read and comment on opensuse-packaging mailing list.

* Improve debuginfo packages

  To get a complete stack trace, we need several debuginfo packages.
  The simple idea would be to copy dependencies from the main package to
  the debuginfo package.  But this would give too many dependencies
  since it would lead to include always the gcc-debuginfo package
  (currently 300 MB).

  Another idea is to reduce the size of debuginfo packages and mark them
  only for backtrace - with removing the source code.

  We run out of time and will discuss this further next time.

Andreas
--
 Andreas Jaeger, [EMAIL PROTECTED], http://www.suse.de/~aj/
   Maxfeldstr. 5, 90409 Nürnberg, Germany