Volker Kuhlmann escribió:

> http://www.phpprobid.com/auction-script-requirements.php

if it says PHP4 in the requirements does not mean it does not work with
PHP5. ;)

> And I'd be swearing at the php people for a lousy language design
> which doesn't stay compatible with itself

it **is** compatible, but have certain backward incompatible things.

> My personal preference is still mv PHP /dev/null. I know someone who
> isn't having php on his server anymore because of the astronomical grief
> it caused. Does .asp cause less trouble?

languages change from time to time, this is not exclusive of PHP ( look
python 2.5 f.e) it is more common to see this rants on PHP because is
more popular and widely deployed..

I perfectly understand the problems this arise because I have made
profit^W^Wsuffered :-) with this issue too ;)