On Mon, 2007-06-04 at 14:47 +0200, Andreas Jaeger wrote:
> "Francis Giannaros" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:
>
> > ....To the right list this time; this reply-to business will really be
> > the death of me ;)
> >
> > On 6/4/07, Andreas Jaeger <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> >>
> >> So, what needs to be done to get this going (besides announcing a day)?
> >>
> >> I'm in favor of doing it soon - and repeat if needed ;-)
> >>
> >> Andreas
> >
> > After speaking quickly to a few people on IRC we're thinking of the
> > weekend on the 16-17 of June. This is only one day after alpha5, but
> > I'm not sure we should wait a whole week later for the next weekend.
> >
> > So, to sum up, the plan would be:
> > * Have one bug day for clearing out old bugs (say, from 10.1) which
> > would be just after alpha5 time. Also encourage users to file
> > enhancement requests for 10.3 at this time, otherwise they may not be
> > implementable later.
> >
> > * Have another bug day after beta1 time (we don't have to think about
> > the date yet) for trying to really concentrate on all 10.3 bugs.
> >
> > * Can take place in #opensuse-bugs. bugbot currently reports all
> > openSUSE bug changes in there, but we'll change it at the time to only
> > report _new_ bugs to get the traffic down.
> >
> > I'm thinking we should only announce a day or two before the bug day,
> > so it's fresh in people's minds :).
>
> Do we need to write some policies for this?  Or is what we have
> sufficient?

I think you made it clear in the status meeting, no? If there's a bug
that we can not decide what to do with it, then we'll assign it to you?
I guess my concern is, what if a bug is already assigned?
As I see it, we have a few options on what to do with each bug;

1. Close it if it's a "silly" bug (who decides what is silly?)
2. Move the bug forward to Factory if we think it's important for the
next version, but to big to be fixed for the current version
3. Ping the assigned developer (if there's an assigned developer. Else,
assign to [EMAIL PROTECTED] and ping)
4. Close bug if people's involved can not reproduce and "need info" has
not been replied to in 1-6 months

> Andreas

I probably missed other scenarios but...

Cheers,
Magnus