That's not what I really need Patrick. I need to get the full
dependency resolution from a pattern.

For example, let's take the Base System pattern
(base-10.n-build.arch.pat), it depends on other patterns (yas2_basis
and sw_management_pattern I think), and on lots of packages.

I want to get an easy way, a tool or something else, that for a
pattern, it shows all the packages it need, resolving even the
dependencies of other packages or patterns it depends.

I think it is what ZyPP does, but I haven't found a shell command or
tool to use the ZyPP resolver as I need.

I'm not sure if there is some Python binding or something like, as I
use Python a lot for system administration, but I'm not a software
developer neither I know how is the ZyPP API.

Now asking to Andreas, if there is no such tool, then a new one could
be created.

Thanks a lot!
2007/6/21, Patrick Shanahan <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:
* Samuel Partida <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> [06-20-07 18:21]:
> Hi Patrick, I've been playing with smart a little bit, but I couldn't
> manage it to query a rpm file with smart. I haven't tried with a
> pattern file, but if you are sure that it works with them, then I'm
> going to reinstall smart again. I have to admit that I don't like
> smart :(

Like it ???   What's to like?

then try apt or yum or ???

but smart will probably do it the easiest.

smart query --show-provides --show requires [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
  Provides:
    cElementTree.so()(64bit)
    ccache.so()(64bit)