2007/8/16, Kevin Valko <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:
> On Wednesday 15 August 2007 09:10:45 pm Rajko M. wrote:
> > On Wednesday 15 August 2007 12:54, Kevin Valko wrote:
> > > and maybe disabling parallel
> > > services as well.
> >
> > I would start with that.
> > Than you have better chance to find service that makes trouble.
>
> Disabling parallel services did allow the system to boot normally without
> requiring interactive confirmations, so there is definitely a conflict
> happening somewhere with the boot services running in parallel.
>
> Unfortunately I'm not sure which one, I tried disabling a number of them
> individually but the boot still hard-locked when parallel services were
> enabled, I guess I can try to change the S/K sequences in boot.d, to see if
> grouping the services (the culprit lies in S12) instead of all together can
> point out the issue.  Grrrr.
>
> On the plus side, disabling parallel loading didn't have a too significant
> impact on my boot time, it's still more or less in line with what I had in
> 10.2, so it's hardly the end of the world, but it is kind of a drag since
> faster booting is one of the significant improvements for 10.3.

What are the "parallel services"?

Yesterday I installed 10.3 beta1 x86-64 in a four cores system without
problems, and it works fine with the original kernel. (H8DA8
SuperMicro motherboard with AMD 8131/8111 chipset with 2 Opterons dual
core 270).

In other system, I could'nt install it, because a inmature support of
the MSI and the ahci driver on the kernel, and this problem appear in
the most of the distros.

Regards