On Tue, 2007-09-04 at 15:37 -0300, Druid wrote:

> > 3) We (as the GNOME maintainers who work for Novell) have traditionally
> > not focused on openSUSE much, rather spending most of our time on SLED.
> > This improved for 10.3 and well continue to improve, but we lagged a
> > little more than we thought due to SP1 of SLED 10.
> >

> Seems one of those very traditional traditions that goes through
> centuries and more centuries, and generations and more generations.
>
> As far as I know, KDE is included in SLED too. How come KDE doesnt
> have those problems of too much focus in SLED? What can we expect of
> that? That the gnome in opensuse is barely maintained? Or does that
> mean that the KDE guys doesnt put much effort in SLED?

I think its fair to say that in the past its been paid less attention
than the GNOME in SLED, although I would rate it as higher than "barely
maintained".  But things like features, polish, maintenance updates, etc
have been targeted at SLED not openSUSE for development cycles.

All I can say is: if you're a KDE user on openSUSE doesn't affect you
much :-).

If you're a GNOME use drop by our list or irc channel and help keep us
on track just like Alberto did by sending the original mail :-).

-JP
--
JP Rosevear <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Novell, Inc.