"Carlos E. R." <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:

> [...]
> I downloaded the dvd, which took two whole days. I boot the dvd. It asks
> for my language (US), but not for the keyboard (ES), which is a nuisance.

You can change it in the "proposal" screen.  If you would have choosen
ES as language, you would have received automatically a spanish keyboard
as well.

> It searches the partitions, sees there are disks with more than 16
> partitions, and pops a large warning, recommending to reboot the install
> with kernel option "hwprobe=-modules.pata".

That should not happen.  Please file a major bug in bugzilla against
"Installation"

> So I do.
>
>    (Typing symbols like "=-" in a non US keyboard is a nuisance. When will
>    grub support different keyboard layouts?)
>
> When I reach the point of installation (when it tries the network in order
> to add online repos), it pops a window requesting "insert opensuse 10.3
> CD1", "continue/cancel".
>
> I'm using DVD! Why does it ask for the CD1?
>
> Anyway, continue doesn't work (it asks again for CD1), and cancel aborts
> the install. What now?

That's strange :-(  Do you have a SATA CDrom?

> Andreas: is that the workaround you wanted me to test? It doesn't work at
> all :-(

You shouldn't have received the first message at all :-(.  Thanks for
testing.

> More. If I type "mount" in one of the consoles, it yields nothing. Not
> even the root filesystem shows! Why?
>
> It seems to want to mount the dvd in /var/adm/mount. There is nothing
> there. I mount it manually, try "continue". It still doesn't see the DVD.
>
> So I ask here for procedure.

Thanks,
Andreas
--
 Andreas Jaeger, Director Platform/openSUSE, [EMAIL PROTECTED]
   Maxfeldstr. 5, 90409 Nürnberg, Germany