Bob Williams <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:

> I have two hard drives, one IDE and one SATA. My 10.2 installation
> has /, /boot, /usr mounted on the SATA drive, while /home is a LVM2 volume
> spanning both hard drives.
>
> When I tried installing 10.3 RC1, it only detected the IDE drive. In the
> Partitioner module, choosing expert - import settings from previous fstab
> failed to find an existing fstab.
>
> The boot up process appears to load both IDE and SATA drivers, so I presume
> there is a problem with the SATA (sata_sis) driver. Is this likely to be
> fixed by 10.3 GM or will I have to stay with 10.2?

Please report it in bugzilla (for details see http://bugs.opensuse.org)
- otherwise there's no chance at all.

This is really late and I'm not sure that we can fix it in time.  But
report it so that we can check it.  The report should include the YaST
log files as explained at http://en.opensuse.org/Bugs/YaST as well as
the output of hwinfo --all

Andreas
--
 Andreas Jaeger, Director Platform / openSUSE, [EMAIL PROTECTED]
   Maxfeldstr. 5, 90409 Nürnberg, Germany