Hi!

Trying to update from a openSUSE 10.2 to 10.3 RC1 on an IBM R40 fails.  When
initializing the Setup system it shows the following dialog:

"The partitioning on disk /dev/sda is not readable by the partitioning tool
parted, which is used to change the partition table.
You can use the partitions on disk /dev/sda as they are. you can format them
and assign mount points to them, but you cannot add, edit, resize or remove
partitions from that disk with this tool.

When I afterwards select the update option and continue it shows all three
partitions on this disk, but seems not recognize the openSUSE 10.2
on /dev/sda1 and therefore will not let me update.

Looking at the boot log a lot of "attempt to access beyond end of device" can
be seem, which make me guess this is another variant of BUG #327612. However
the solution there won't work for me as I don't have a running 10.3, yet.

I attached the contents of /var/log.

Kind Regards,
Matthias
--