Hi!

Am Mittwoch 26 September 2007 schrieb richard (MQ):
> I had this too, bug #327513 which was also marked as a duplicate of
> #327612 - not too helpful, is it, when you are trying to install! My fix
> (see my bug!) was to boot the installer with 'brokenmodules=pata_via'.
>
> It might be a different module causing your problem - take a look at the
> logs as the installer loads, it will attempt to detect the platform and
> decide which modules it wants e.g. for HD controllers. The first one
> list for me was pata_via so my first stab was to disable that and all
> was fine.

Thanks for the tip. Looks like the problem was with the module ata_piix,
however, seeing that this problem occurs in multiple modules there seems to
be more behind it than just a problem about the modules.

> NB - I allowed network access and remote repositories, so the kernel
> loaded for the installed system was newer & didn't show the problem.

Sadly this is not an option for me. I could only access the network via WLAN,
and while YAST seems to properly load the drivers for the intel chipset I
cannot use it because that part of the network configuration is missing in
the installer.

Again, thanks for the help,
Matthias
--
Matthias Bach
www.marix.org

"Was nicht mit einer gewissen Unsicherheit behaftet ist,
 kann unmöglich die Wahrheit sein." - Richard P. Feynman