On Tuesday 09 October 2007 10:33:15 am Sid Boyce wrote:
> Stephan Kulow wrote:
> > Hi!
> >
> > There is little to report status on this time, beside this:
> >
> > * WE'VE PUBLISHED OPENSUSE 10.3 - and it looks like a
> >   success all in all (
> > * Of course we've seen plenty of bugs that users report
> >   (they always do that :)
> > * We released already quite some online updates and testing
> >   some more
> > * We're still preparing promo DVD / live CDs - looking pretty
> >   good already
> > * Oh, we've seen release parties at different locations. Thanks
> >   to everyone organizing
> >
> > Greetings, Stephan
>
> It's a pity that most reviewers do not follow this list or check the
> archives. I've seen one review on linuxtoday, plus the comments where
> 10.3 is being slated for not having a livecd.
> Their methodology is download, install, boot up, try a few things, then
>   write an article with criticsms, get it published and say job done.
> You'll not see any follow-ups.
> http://abhay-techzone.blogspot.com/2007/10/why-suse-why.html
> Regards
> Sid.

With this particular I have seen quite a few answers from 'abhay'.

Simple click trough will always make some people happy, some not. He listed
few distros as examples, and that are examples make good choice in his
opinion (and he repeated that later in answers).

Some other people on the other end of user sectrum will complain on openSUSE
way and list Gentoo and Slackware as right choices.

For me (so unbiased), openSUSE is the optimum between complexity and
simplicity. However, as 10.3 is not ultimate edition we still have a chance
to make it better ;-)

--
Regards,
Rajko.