On Tuesday 04 December 2007, Rajko M. wrote:

> > don't !! looks like making several subpages levels is not that good
> > (see other thread)

Which thread are you referring to?

> > and this was just an example

> Done.
> You can see wiki: recent changes.
> Daniel made quite some effort to bring all related pages presented in
> the same way. That it gives some of us headache is another question.
>
> We have to establish new guidelines, so that at least frequent
> editors do all in the same way.

That is a good idea. Then we need to define what we agree on first.

> Wiki is no more little pet that can be moved around at will,

Well you can - at least I did :)
But I had an idea behind and wanted to get at least some structure for
our YaST pages.
Before that everything was floating around and was not linked anywhere.
Now as the pages are organized we got a navigation bar for free, so you
can navigate through the levels.
And as authors have to think of where to put his new page they should be
motivated to link it from the level above and add links (eg. in "See
also" section) on pages of the same level (if applicable).

I regard this as a major feature to help people find the information
they need. If pages are lost in the nowhere (only can be found by full
text search) without links this does not help anybody.

> and it is still growing, thanks to guys like Daniel that are not
> afraid of work.

Ciao,
   Daniel

--
J. Daniel Schmidt <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>         SUSE Linux Products GmbH
Research & Development                   Maxfeldstr. 5