On Wed, Dec 05, 2007 at 08:44:05PM -0500, Patrick Shanahan wrote:
> * Gabriel <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> [12-05-07 20:26]:
>
> <quote>
> If several programs have been
> selected for install there is no way to tell if program "Z" is needed or
> not. Is there any way this can be fixed? Should I open a enhancement
> request?
> </quote>
>
> > Yast should uncheck the dependencies selected by itself when the user
> > decide not to intall the program that requires them.
>
> agreed

I think it actually does work this way, but i'm not sure.
I also _think_ that it shows the auto-added packages slightly different,
at least in the QT-UI, so you could deselect them in the "Installation
Summary" view quite easily if it does not work like that. Bit in that
case, there is certainly room for improvement :-)
--
Stefan Seyfried
R&D Team Mobile Devices            |              "Any ideas, John?"

This footer brought to you by insane German lawmakers:
SUSE Linux Products GmbH, GF: Markus Rex, HRB 16746 (AG Nürnberg)