d_garbage schreef:
> On Sun, 09 Dec 2007 19:56:01 -0000, M9. <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>
>> It is not as simple as you and Vahis suggest:
>>
>> * Installeert createrepo-0.4.10-32 [100%]
>> [EMAIL PROTECTED]:~> cd /home/monkey9/RPM/
>> [EMAIL PROTECTED]:~/RPM> createrepo
>> Error: Must specify a directory to index.
>>

>> How to specify such a directory than?
>> I do not mind to move the rpm's to another directory, or change the
>> name... but this is not very obvious, if you ask me?
>>

> You missed the "." (ie. current directory) in the original suggestion?
>
>> cd /home/dir
>> createrepo .

that is what i thought at first..(did not try ./ as a regular install
though..)

> But I STILL dont understand why you can't add folder with some RPM's in
> as a 'plain' RPM directory (rather than RPM meta-data one)? I do it that
> way in both yast software and smart on 10.3. Though I'm not sure if yast
> handles sub-directories whereas I believe smart does.
> Cheers,
> David

What i realy want is just install an rpm from the right-mouse menu in
konqueror.
It offers that option, but after given the root password, it *allways*
ends with the frase: can not find:
/home/monkey9/RPM/huppeldepup-5.3.1-6.noarch.rpm (whatever)

I want to use a dir, where i store all my rpm's, because it is easier to
find what i want there...

If creating a repo is the only option left, i'll have to use that, but
if not, i would rather just use an installer, and install an rpm, if
needed, yes.

You think it is a question about a subdir?
(i thought it was a question of policy)

I will imediately check this..

(about smart: used smart a long time, but in SuSE, zypper needs the
attention now. If there is no other way than to use smart, or it takes
too much time to do it another way, i will be forced to use it, yes.)

- --

Have a nice day,

M9.               Now, is the only time that exists.

  OS:  Linux 2.6.24-rc3-git1-3-default x86_64
  Huidige gebruiker:  [EMAIL PROTECTED]
  Systeem:  openSUSE 11.0 (x86_64) Alpha0
  KDE:  3.5.8 "release 21"