Am Donnerstag 17 Januar 2008 schrieb Bryen:
> I downloaded the boot.iso file yesterday dated 1/16/08.   Encountered
> two problems:
>
> During Software Installation:
> - /suse/noarch/pcutils-ids-2008.1.12-1.noarch.rpm could not be found.
Could not be found or failed to install? Because monday's install failed
to install it because it was a broken prereq. I fixed that - possibly creating
your problem in having -2.noarch :)

> - /suse/i586/jpackage-utils-1.7.3-5.i586.rpm failed to install with a
> scriplet error exited on status 127.

Yeah, that is still in alpha1. work in progress and unrelated to your
problems.

> I skipped both and the rest of the installation went fine.
>
> When I logged into the system, I verified that I did get a dhcp address.
> I could ping other machines in my network.  But when I pinged outside to
> a dns name, it would resolve to ip address and not get any ping
>
> I also could not browse, and I could not ssh into the box from another
> machine in the network.  It felt like I only had one-way network
> communication.  ?
>
> If anyone can help me out, I'd really like to get this off the ground
> and continue testing.
Try to get a pciutils-ids into your system. Without it, it's possible that
HAL will not report network devices.

Greetings, Stephan