On 2008/01/19 23:01 (GMT+0100) Bernhard Walle apparently typed:

> * Katarina Machalkova [2008-01-19 21:53 (GMT+0100)]:

>> Unfortunately, we have no YaST tool to do this for you :(

> We have, it's the sysconfig editor. ;-)

Actually I did open it, but got turned away from it by looking and only
seeing things that made it look like windoz' regedit and not spotting what I
thought was anything that looked like display manager configuration. I just
don't associate a login manager with a desktop manager.

I posted here because I simply couldn't recall the existence of
/etc/sysconfig/displaymanager, and really did think it must be in YaST2
somewhere. It's not something I normally ever need to change, but in this
case somehow it got set to gdm even though kdebase3-kdm is installed and gdm
is not installed. Fixed now. :-)
--
"In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was
with God, and the Word was God." John 1:1 NIV

 Team OS/2 ** Reg. Linux User #211409