On Monday 02 August 2010 21:32:52 Alex Barrios wrote:
> Hi people.
>
> Welly, happily I'm gaining more power and voice here in my country,
> small but at least the openSUSE word its now in the mouths of a lot of
> LUG's here, so because that I'm trying to get more in touch with the
> users and newbies around using the IRC, my blog and Twitter.
>
> Besides the encounter feelings about Facebook, I create a group [1]
> for all the people come together and take advantage of the platform
> options like forums and that.

We need something like the following in the new wiki:
http://old-en.opensuse.org/Marketing/SocNet

> My question is, its ok to use FB?, or there is another way to accomplish
> this?
>
> The idea:
>  - Put events
>  - Send messages to members from while to while
>  - A forum
>  - Pictures and stuff

Yes, this is ok - and what needs to be done is to create some documentation
pages on all of this. That might include great links to what others have
written...

> If there is another option (more open, i think), or best way to get
> this please let me know.
>
> [1] http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=114845975234320

Btw. I just created http://en.opensuse.org/openSUSE:Social_media_contacts and
ask everybody to list similar accounts.  Alex, could you add the Facebook
Page, please?

Andreas
--
 Andreas Jaeger, Program Manager openSUSE,  a...@{novell.com,opensuse.org}