Hi,

 This is mainly a personal opinion as such might not be like other
people but I'll try to be superficial enough to keep things simple...

 I would probably treat the slideshow as if it was a TV premier
commercial time. This means, doing a triage of the stuff more important
you have on your showcase.

 From a Marketing perspective, I would probably claim that using this
space to "educate" your users could be nice. It's in fact one of the
main variables for any service marketing. Education, in a way we should
have a pedagogic behavior towards the audience.

 As you say, and very well in my opinion; it's a good idea to face it
from a 'look what you can do with your opensuse' then exactly from a
more 'dead' perspective such as 'look we feature all this cool software'
and no one remembers later.

 I don't know the time frames involved, but maybe a small brainstrom
through a collaborative tool and try to create something like a 30 sec
pitch for any of the features you guys want to highlight and start from
there?

 I like the invitation part, and honestly this should be a good thing
and actually being done... but there's something I would like to
remember first about this 'invitation' we should have already to go
alongside with it a small 'place' or something that could work as a easy
start up ramp. Imagine you get people attention, then what? you are
going to send them into a wiki ? you are going them into mailing lists?
foruns ? I mean that idea should actually be far more explored and the
concept developed. I would strongly go for the 'invitation', I believe
it might become a win.

 Another thing I would like to comment, or maybe I'm wrong... but it's
just how I see it from lurking. The Ambassadorial initiative is having a
lot of positive sinergies. I would also consider taking one slide to
helping it getting a boost and some more visibility... In a way,
Ambassadors are the community front office. I believe it's a good
investment in promoting Ambassadors, specially in such a flashy thing as
in an installer. I believe it will pay off well.

 There is one 'another thing' also I can point... For people who are
already in a way familiarized with another distro or even first
comers... getting access to packages and repositories for me was somehow
tricky. It was in a way easier with Fedora because I was already
familiarized with 'yum' and their own repository, rawhide was also a
place where I shopped around... rpmfind... and barely I needed something
out from there.

 When I landed on openSUSE with a more serious approach, I had to get
familiarized with zypper, your software repo's and some browsing
adventures searching other repo's. I would eventually spare some space
on slides for some tools that help people who are for example changing
from another distro. Zypper is a good start... osc is a must in my
opinion. And it's probably a good hook to link to build and studio,
which without doubt should be present. I believe that investing on this
tools could actually trigger more interest in people that are trying
openSUSE and are already familiarized with another flavour. Some $care
for repo's info and a little intro could also be fun either for first
timers, casuals...

 nelson