On Fri, 2010-08-20 at 19:48 +0200, Jos Poortvliet wrote:
> On Wednesday 18 August 2010 13:44:48 S.Kemter wrote:
> > Hello,
> >
> > as some of u know, I try to redesign the installer of ur distro. Some
> > time ago I did a blogpost about the slideshow in it.
> >
> > http://karl-tux-stadt.de/ktuxs/?p=2587
> >
> > I think the text information in the slideshow, and which slides we show,
> > should be reimproved too. So I made a little brainstorm what should the
> > slideshow contain and in which order should they showed. U can find it
> > here: http://karl-tux-stadt.de/tmp/yast-installer2.png
> >
> > 1. project should be a little introducion what openSUSE is and how its
> > created
> > 2. one of my points was, that in the old slideshow would showed many
> > slides with what the installed distro has, u never keep all names of the
> > programs in ur mind during the install process, so better make a
> > generally slide that says, u have all installed what u need and can find
> > more. And show a way how to find the programs
> > 3. in the old slideshow openFATE wasnt mentioned, I think thats not good
> > because a user who work with ur ditro all day can sometimes have good
> > ideas what we can do better. So we should give him a whole slide
> > 4. How u can find help, should be contain some words to openSUSE wiki
> > and forums and so on
> > 5. How u can help, should descirbe that we are a project from
> > contributors and that there is a way to contribute too
> > 6-7. 2 slides with ways to contribute
> > 8. Build ur own should be a slide about SUSE Studio
> > 9. a slide about the OBS
> > 10. a last slide, for short repeat and invite to be part of openSUSE
> >
> > The only problem is, I dont like to do this alone without a discussion,
> > second reason I am not really good wit english texts ;)
> >
> > So would u help me with this? As I know Jos created a piratepad or
> > something like that.
>
> http://piratepad.net/k4ca6dcQ5m
> That would be this one.
>
> I basically took your 10 points and thought about that, changed a few things.
>
> I think this is a difficult issue - what exactly is our goal with these
> slides? Educate our user on ? what ? entertain? inform? make him/her do
> something?
>
> Before we really start defining the slides I think we should discuss that.
> Thoughts?

I do go for promotion and education under one guide line: openSUSE as a
whole. Not just focusing the Linux Distro (Release Notes?), but also
focusing the community and the projects within, like Ambassadors.

>From my perspective: Slideshow = deploying advanced Guerrilla Marketing
strategies!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Guerrilla_marketing

And be mindfull that Guerrilla Marketing doesn't need to be thinked on a
commercial basis or brain washing strategies ;) This is important... My
advice: 'Think out of the box'.

nelson