On Wednesday 01 September 2010 18:25:26 Nelson Marques wrote:
> On Wed, 2010-09-01 at 18:16 -0500, Rajko M. wrote:
> > but we (the Wiki team) don't like them as it adds to maintenance
> > effort.
>
>  Raiko,
>
>  Thanks for your reply. I would like also to take this opportunity and
> ask for advice.
>
>  What would be the best way of indexing in 3 or 4 documents which share
> are related to single topic, which could be 'market studies' under a
> possible Marketing category?

Without much thinking use category to collect them in one place, and also use
prefix "openSUSE:" as that are articles for use by marketing team, so no other
namespace can be used.See: http://en.opensuse.org/Help:Namespace

Later when you have articles and category we can:
* list them manually under section "See also" or "Related" common in Wikipedia
articles.
* using <categorytree> tag create index, usually top right, that will be
automatically updated as soon as new article is added to the category. See any
portal page for examples.
* third way is to create navigation bar on the top, like:
http://en.opensuse.org/Package_repositories
http://en.opensuse.org/Template:Repositories_navbar
This way I would like to avoid as it is pure manual update of the links, which
never worked well. It is fine for very few articles, but mentioned
"Repositories navbar" is already above readability limit (5-7 links).

Name of category can be "Marketing studies", or even more specialized name
that will be added as category (subcategory) to the "Marketing studies".
To add article to a category put
[[Category:Marketing studies]]
at the bottom of the article, after all text, one category per line.

Main category for marketing is (surprise :) :
http://en.opensuse.org/Category:Marketing
so "Marketing studies" will belong there.

See also: http://en.opensuse.org/Category:Wiki_editing_help

>  By the way, are there templates (ex: marketing) or anything?

We have some. One of links in above category lists frequently used:
http://en.opensuse.org/Help:Standard_templates

I would use template {{Intro|Short intro to the article.....}} to introduce
topic.

Looking list of all templates I can't see anything marked "marketing":
http://en.opensuse.org/index.php?title=Special:AllPages&from=11.1&to=Zypper&namespace=10

It may be good to create some that will connect all of the marketing in one
whole.

>  Thanks in advance,

You are welcome :)
(this was long reading, isn't it)