On 08.10.2010, at 10:02, Michael Loeffler wrote:

> Moin,

>>> I'd focus first on the existing spreadshirt shop and enhance here and
>>> wouldn't add any new shops for regions spreadshirt isn't shipping to.
>>> Each additional shop adds work.
>>
>> +1 . And how do you plan to enhance ? I feel that , we should
>> upload/create few more designs . In other words , give users/public more
>> options to choose from . I find the current state is really limited .
>> Also we can add lot many other stuffs like Mugs , stickers , etc .
> Fully agreed.

+1

>> In designs (for Sweatshirts and T-shirts)- we already have some good
>> logo's . Things which we actually require are some real good
>> slogans.Which would make the users feel good , wearing them- that said
>> it should make them feel geeky and show the openSUSE (Gecko) love.
>

>> Something like:  Geek by nature , Linux by choice - Re-phrase -->> Geek
>> by nature , openSUSE by choice.
>> The above is just an example :) .
> In 2007 we had a "slogan" contest. The winner was:
>
> openSUSE - Linux for open minds
>
> Why not using that ?
>
> And this was the collection of slogans we received:
> http://old-en.opensuse.org/openSUSE:Slogan

What about the "/me ha fun!" under the openSUSE logo? ;-)

How ever, one thing is, that we have just a basic account at Spreadshirt. This
give us some limitations like we can upload only -not sure- 3 vector images. We
can upload as many bitmap-images as we want, but this can be printed only on
white background.
@michl: Maybe we should think about a pro account? It would bring many
advantages like localised shops and so on.

Next thing is, that we need to summarise spreadhirts rules and our brand guide
to a how to. So that people in the community can contribute artwork which work.

So far :-)

Robert

> Best
> Michael
>>
>> Also we need to investigate more on the taste of the openSUSE lovers. I
>> mean how or what actually they want to show their love towards openSUSE
>> (through our shop-this , we need to figure out) . I hope I made myself
>> clear ...
>>
>>> What we do currently with spreadshirt is that we've chosen some items,
>>> gave them an openSUSE design and set our price tag.
>>> Our price tag, what dose this mean ?
>>> Spreadshirt sell their stuff at their price. Let's take a something which
>>> would cost 15 €/$ per unit. We add normally 1 or 2 €/$ and sell it then
>>> for more. This difference (1 or 2 €/$) then goes into our pockets. This
>>> "our pockets" is currently Novell as openSUSE isn't yet a legal entity.
>>> With an openSUSE Foundation we could redirect this income to the
>>> Foundation. And to give you a better picture - we're not talking about a
>>> high sales rate. So we sell with the two shops 30 items a month we have
>>> a good month.
>>
>> Nice! And more options make ---> MORE SALE ;)
>>
>> Any other ideas are welcome .. :)
>>
>>> Best
>>
>> Cheers !
>> Sj
>
> --
> Michael Löffler, Product Management
> SUSE LINUX Products GmbH - Nürnberg - AG Nürnberg - HRB 16746 - GF: Markus Rex
> --

---

Robert Lihm, Webdesigner - openSUSE Boosters Team
Tel: +49-911-74053-0  - rl...@suse.de