On Thu, 2010-10-28 at 20:09 +1100, Helen wrote:
> I don't think the issue is with your personal blog, Nelson, but rather
> personal blogs in general - it could as easily have been any one of us
> making a divergent opinion about an open source issue.
>
> It needs to be decided whether personal opinion has a place in
> openSUSE News, and if it does, how best to filter it and present it.

There does need to be some stronger editorial review.  This isn't the
first time that a negative light got cast.  When 11.3 was released, the
special  edition had a blog title in it that made it sound like there
was a negative perception of 11.3, something we didn't need to have in a
special edition.

There are two things we need to consider though....

1)  While News.o.o is an important marketing tool, it is largely a group
that functions on its own and I DO commend them for diligently putting
out a new edition each week.  I don't think we should assume control of
the group as it was pretty much decided earlier this year that we
weren't going to do that.  But we do need to figure out a way to work
together.

2)  Time constraints are the biggest factor.   The weekly edition gets
worked on over the weekend and churned out before the weekend is over.
Many of us don't reallly have an interest in spending our weekends
working on some project when we have other things to do and need to
actually have a life.   So, even if we requested a better opportunity to
review and give a thumbs-up, how do we fit that into our schedule?

Bryen