On Wed, 2010-11-03 at 07:10 +1100, Helen wrote:
> Interesting stuff Nelson and well structured.
>
> The shift from perceiving openSUSE as a service rather than a product
> - this makes sense to me but seems like a dramatically different
> approach to the current model. Has this been discussed among the
> marketing team and broader project at some time? It is a major
> conceptual shift, so we all need to be "on the same page".

There doesn't need to be changes in what is already done. We only need
to consider those for future reference so we remain coherent and change
whatever is done in the future.

> A separate, small point regarding the pricing and your mention of not
> threatening our commercial partners -

It doesn't need to be taken that serious, but I mean, there's a openSUSE
shop which sells boxed editions and so on. We need to keep a
differentiation somewhere in our communication.

Some defend the Mix should reflect your positioning/differentiation, I
believe one complements the other 8). We don't need to think a lot on
Pricing stuff, because it's kinda irrelevant, though I tried to
highlight things a bit so that people could understand it has a reason
to be there.

The very 2 important points are:
* PEOPLE
* PROCESSES

This is what we need sharpen up, the rest is pretty much already known
to all of us.