On 2 December 2010 17:08, Bruno Friedmann <br...@ioda-net.ch> wrote:
> On 12/02/2010 03:23 PM, Kostas Koudaras wrote:
>> Hello world
>> I would like you to know that I want to run as a candidate for the
>> board of openSUSE. I am a seasonal forest firefighter in my 'day' job,
>> so as you can understand, contributing for the common good is all I do
>> in my life.
>>
>>  I am into FOSS for a couple of years now but I am a man of action so
>> I do most of the things I plan and do not stay in plans.I am currently
>> the event manager of Association of Greek Users and Friends of FS /
>> OSS (GREEKLUG) and I was responsible for organizing the host and
>> speech of Richard Stallman here in Thessaloniki, which was a huge
>> success. I spend four days with him and I learned many things about
>> the meaning of Free Software, among other things, and got deeply
>> effected and motivated by his words.
>>
>>  I started working with openSUSE almost a year ago and I became
>> ambassador on that summer. Since I became ambassador I made quite a
>> few things about it, as I said a man of action. Me along with Stathis
>> 'Diamond_gr' Iosifidis organized the Greek openSUSE community from
>> scratch. We re-activated the Greek IRC channel which was almost dead.
>> We started the  http://amb.opensuse.gr so that the world can see our
>> actions as ambassadors. We were the openSUSE team at the 75th
>> International Trade Fair of Thessaloniki. We made a call for all Greek
>> Geekos  to gather and for a community, although at that time (a few
>> months ago) almost every 'expert' told us that it would end up a great
>> failure, we never stopped fighting and finally we prove them wrong. We
>> recently started translating the openSUSE Weekly news and I am
>> responsible for gathering and checking the translation. We started
>> re-organize and translating the Greek wiki. We went to Athens were we
>> actually met suseRocks and spoke with him about several matters about
>> the community and the project.I went to several city’s all over Greece
>> in order to meet in person people of the Greek community because I
>> strongly believe that face to face communication builds actual trust
>> and I do whatever is possible to prove people that I truly deserve
>> their trust. Greek ambassador team trusted me to be the one
>> communicating the board if needed in order to separate jobs inside the
>> Greek community. I participated in several innovating events for
>> openSUSE like the Xariseto Free festival. I represented openSUSE to an
>> event at primary school in Thessaloniki for celebrating Software
>> Freedom Day 2010.
>>
>>  Beyond the Greek community I participate actively in the marketing
>> and the ambassador teams and I am trying to do the same at other teams
>> too. Andreas Jaeger recently trusted me to be the one of three at the
>> Ambassador Welcome Team. I probably forgot some of the things I do but
>> the general idea about me as a person and also my moto for my campaign
>> is  'Planning is good, but acting is better'. I totally believe in
> [...]

I would suggest also Kostas Koudaras as a good organizer of events and
workaholic. Indeed he well organized the event with Richard and he
built the structure for the creation of the Greek openSUSE Community.

Thank you Kostas and good luck with your application!

Kostas Boukouvalas

Greek L.U.G. Founding Member
LPI Greece Operations Manager
FSF, FSFE, LF Member