Le 31/12/2010 12:15, Bruno Friedmann a écrit :

> If the idea seems great, it just not working.
> For example, Having buy 2 HP laptops for customers at 6 months interval, they
> don't have the same component inside
> (wifi chipset is not the same, also sound etc)

thats why a contract with the maker is much better. If *we* state we
do the job of making our distro fit, it may be easy to get (for the
harware maker it's all benefits)

> Same maintaining wiki pages by hands is just a future fail ! That's what's
> happen with the old one.
> The only way to achieve that cross-bordering distribution is the smolt
> project which normally is installed by default on opensuse.
> for example :

problem is that nobody ever test all the components, and with this
system, if one don't fit, nobody care of debugging.

What I have in mind if *factory supported hardware*, may be only one
laptop and one desktop, just for a showroom... (of course if we can
have more, it's better)

> just try it with smoltGui on your own computer

I did and was not able to answer many questions

jdd

--
http://www.dodin.net
http://pizzanetti.fr