2011/1/19 Jos Poortvliet <jospoortvl...@gmail.com>:
> On Tuesday 18 January 2011 18:43:19 Bryen M. Yunashko wrote:
>> In today's marketing team meeting we discussed how to go forth with the
>> 11.4 Release Campaign planning.  It was agreed that we should use the
>> December Collaboration Days as a model and adopt a divide-and-conquer
>> strategy with respect to organizing the tasks and completing them.
>>
>> So we are dividing the responsibilities as follows:
>>
>> * Chuck Payne will coordinate with the Ambassador Welcome Team to plan
>> for Ambassador outreach and launch parties.

I talked with Chuck and I will help him as much as I can with that.
>> * Jos Poortvliet will coordinate the marketing materials/writing tasks.
>
> This means release announcement as well as feature guide & other
> communication. The announcement/feature guide can always use some attention:
> http://manugupt1.ietherpad.com/4

Do we know the editions of LXDE all the other GUIs and do we have to
write only their edition like you did on XFCE or do you think we can
write one or two thing about each?
What about Smeegol? will it be active in 11.4? what about the problems
the Smeegol project had with the FSF?
Will we finally have unity?

> And as usual I also link the enduser and contributor folders:
> http://piratepad.net/d8xWTUwHq3

I added some thing in Features of openSUSE...

> http://piratepad.net/xKoBE4vmSM

> ;-)
>
>> * Manu Gupta and Bryen Yunashko will coordinate the Social Media/Press
>> tasks.

We talked once about a list with journalist and generally people that
we can send those releases did we finally made it? where I can find it
bacause I got in touch with a new linux Magazine here in Greece and I
would like to add his name in it.
 Also I think I could also help a bit with it...

>> Each of these coordinators will formulate a plan of action on their
>> tasks and discuss broadly with the team and community at large where
>> applicable to make the 11.4 release a very successful campaign.
>>
>> If you feel an additional category is needed.  Please speak up now.
>>
>> I would like to emphasize that while we should be making a big splash
>> leading up to the release date (March 10 2011), let's also remember that
>> the 11.4 campaign is ongoing.  This means that our campaign for 11.4
>> continues until the next release date in November.  Our efforts should
>> think about both short-term and long-term tasks to provide consistency
>> and delivery.
Can you please define long-term tasks?

--
http://opensuse.gr