>>> http://tora-no-andoresu.deviantart.com/#/d2qzgto ) with a smaller foil
>>> before ( http://amzn.com/B003MAOCEA ) ?
>
> I tried and could make Origami Geeko with 10cm square paper, but the
> smaller the paper is, the more handicraft is needed. ;-)  If you are as
> neat-handed as Japanese, I'm sure you can make it with 3.5inch square
> paper. :-D
>
>>> I think origami is a fun way for kids to understand open source; they
>>> can see the how of the toy, not just the what, and even
>>> make/remake/alter it themselves.
>>>
>>> - James Mason 'bear454'
>>
>> I'd love to see a step-by-step video tutorial on this.  Does anyone know
>> how to create the geeko origami and willing to make a video about it?
>
> You can see the tutorial in flash animation at:
> http://www.wonderhowto.com/how-to-origami-chameleon-japanese-style-216279/view/
> And you may be able to download the flash itself by using add-ons for
> Firefox such as 'SWF Catcher'.
> http://www.swf-decompiler.com/download-swf-catcher-firefox.htm
>
> I attended Japan Linux Conference 2010 last November and had a 5-minutes
> hands-on session on how to make Origami Geeko, where over 50 attendee
> made their own Origami Geekos. :-)
>
> Best,
>
> --
> _/_/     Satoru Matsumoto - openSUSE Member - Japan _/_/
> _/_/  Marketing/Weekly News/openFATE Screening Team _/_/
> _/_/ mail: helios_reds_at_gmx.net / irc: HeliosReds _/_/
> _/_/                http://blog.zaq.ne.jp/opensuse/ _/_/
> --

http://goo.gl/SDLQH  (800px jpg)

The chameleons are on 3.5", 4.5" & 5 7/8" - he's not so successful at
the smaller sizes (Tried to work on a curled up tail as well).  The
penguin, on the other hand, is quite successful at both 3.5" & 4.5".
Maybe its a metaphor for Linux fitting on embedded devices, but
openSUSE staying on the desktop/laptop ;-).

Gonna give it another go with a rectangular pattern I found - should
give me much more tail to work with; just need to find the right paper
in town now...

- James Mason 'bear454'