From: Andreas Jaeger <a...@novell.com>
Date: Thu, 3 Mar 2011 14:14:10
To: <opensuse-fact...@opensuse.org>
Cc: <opensuse-marketing@opensuse.org>
Subject: [opensuse-marketing] openSUSE 11.4 is done! Please help with Launch!

I'm happy to announce that the DVD ISOs of openSUSE 11.4 are finished.

As usual a distribution is a product of many hands - both from the
openSUSE community and the various upstream communities whose projects
we use: Some developed great software, or wrote documentation, or
translated documentation and software, build packages for openSUSE,
tested everything, wrote bug reports, helped to get the bugreports to
those that fixed it, fixed bugreports, supported those that were using
openSUSE 11.4 in the development phase, told others about openSUSE
11.4 via blogs, videos etc. Thanks to all of you!

I'd like to thank especially Coolo who drove as release manager the
creation of 11.4 until he became ill. I had some catching up yesterday
and checked in only a few fixes that were critical for installation
and missed for sure some important fixes.

So, for those and other important fixes, please follow the Maintenance
workflow as explained at http://en.opensuse.org/Portal:Maintenance so
that users can get quickly fixes for these.

The next big thing now is the launch of openSUSE 11.4 on Thursday,
10th of March. Please support the marketing team *NOW* with getting
everything ready for the launch.  Join us on the opensuse-marketing
mailing list and on freenode IRC channel #opensuse-marketing.

The central web page is http://en.opensuse.org/Portal:11.4 and it
needs quite some love at the moment. Please help document what we've
done!

We will also have some launch parties, including one in Nuernberg on
the 16th of March. More details are at
http://en.opensuse.org/openSUSE:Launch_parties
Please setup your own parties as well!

Andreas