On Monday, April 04, 2011 09:45:09 AM Henne Vogelsang wrote:
> Hey,
>
> On 04.04.2011 16:12, Jos Poortvliet wrote:
> >>
> >> Do you really fear that? I mean the ambassadors list has on average
> >> less then 100 mails a month. That makes roughly 3 mails a day. If
> >> anything this list is on life support and needs more traffic to be
> >> really useful don't you think?
> >
> > Well, three mails a day is nothing for you and me and spam for some.
> > Anyway. So you think the dutch should send their mails via the
> > ambassador list in dutch, like the greek and all other countries in
> > their own language?
>
> No I don't. I'm trying to find out what you guys want and then serve the
> best thing to you :) I get that you want a list to talk Dutch on with
> your Dutch ambassador friends. But others want other things. Chuck wants
> a list by region in the dominant language and Helen wants a list by
> country. I'm just asking if you maybe can make up your (teams) minds.
>
> > I think each team should do what they prefer and if chuck wants a local
> > USA ML, or an USA&Canada ML, he should ask it and get it :D
>
> We can make the confusion perfect and do that. I don't care! :) The
> marketing team operates a mess of communication channels anyway. Just
> look at the three lists you have now. Separate lists for deeply
> connected topics, some of it with almost no traffic, a lot of
> cross-posting because no one knows whats the right forum is to reach the
> right people etc. We can add language, region and country list to the
> mix no problem! Just make up your minds :)
>
> Henne

I am reading these mail issues with country-language-topics.

This is only an idea and maybe sure someone already explored it.

We can add our favorite languange-country before the topic to the subject in
the list we are subscribed. So anyone which is not interested on that country
or language convesation can filter them easily. The cons is people could
forget to write it that way.

the good stuff is there is no more mailing list to manage than we already have
and we want to step  in other country or language because we find something we
can contribute or learn from it will be easy to read with only one
subscription.

Best.
--
Ricardo Chung | openSUSE Linux  Ambassador
Panama

openSUSE 11.4 | KDE 4.6.00 release 6 |
Mesa 3D-Nouveau Gallium 7.10 video drivers