On 2011-03-25 Jos wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> Despite not reading all mails here, I have a request.
>
> The USA office in Provo is out of posters & flyers and that kind of
> stuff. Now we still have them in the EU, but shipping paper across
> the pond is quite insane. Yet having these materials is important:
> we ship them to our ambassadors, together with the DVD's so they can
> have a good presence at conferences!
>
> So I found some money in my budget - enough for a nice number of
> posters, flyers, postcards & whatever you think will be helpful.
>
> But I don't have time to scavenge our git repository and wiki for
> appropriate material. Moreover, much of it is outdated. So. If you
> want to help our ambassadors, now is the time to step up.
>
> I simply need a list of artwork to print:
> - a (link to) a BIG poster design or two to print, appropriate for a
> wide audience at conferences. Can be an existing poster, can be a new
> one - I don't care.
> - one or more (links to) smaller posters. I think the "suse is cool"
> series made for SCALE would be good enough for this, maybe some
> improvements are possible or needed?!?
> - (links to) folders. We have one but it ain't that good. I would
> suggest to finish the folders on
> http://en.opensuse.org/openSUSE:Marketing_materials - ping me on IRC,
> I want to help with them! They will need design (Carlos, Javier,
> Bruno, Helen?). Need to be an a4 or Letter (preferably both) with
> 2-side printing. You could make a triple-fold or double-fold, I
> don't care :D - (links to) postcards, sticker designs, button
> designs, other things. - and whatever you think should be in the
> boxes. I know several of you have been thinking about that, so now
> is the time to step up and make sure I can add those things to the
> boxes!
>
> I will then see how much I can afford for each of those. A hard
> requirement: it has all to be online with sources somewhere!!! And I
> will probably have to ask the artists who made the final design to
> work with the AJ & me and the printing company as most printing
> companies don't have Scribus or Inkscape :D
>
> And a second hard requirement: I mailed earlier that I have a hard
> time keeping up with the list. So I need someone to mail me the
> things I ask for around april 8-9 ;-)
>
> So, who steps up to relay me the results? Bryen, seems like your
> thing?
>
> Cheers and thanks,
> Jos

I did have a look here - and I've seen no responses. THis means we won't
have marketing materials in the USA, Mexico, Brazil, Canada etcetera -
the whole North and South America's, unless I can order something within
a few days. That would be a waste, right?

Please, posters, folders? We have lots of stuff, just collecting some
would already be helpful... Kostas, Carlos, either of you have some time
for this?