On Saturday 11 June 2011 13:06:28 jdd wrote:
> Le 11/06/2011 12:55, Kim Leyendecker a écrit :
> > PCWL delivers oS 11.4 KDE live in their DVD
>
> does somebody know how this works? I the paper completely free to use
> openSUSE or is there any talk between the paper and Novell or anybody
> else?

They just do it. Sometimes they contact us for information, questions - or ask
for info on how to create a special localized version of openSUSE but they do
that themselves too.

There's no money involved or anything, it is free software etc after all :D

Kim's suggestion to ask them to ship openSUSE sometimes is not a bad one but
you have to be a bit careful: they might say "sure, if you pay for it"... They
pay for this currently themselves so that doesn't make things better.

What we could do is offer them articles. Writing costs them time and money and
we have ppl who know a lot about openSUSE so that would be a good reason for
them to ship more openSUSE stuff too.

In other words, yes, it is terribly useful and productive to write articles
for magazines. We sometimes write extensive articles about things like
openSUSE medical on news.o.o - making that into a smaller news item or putting
it into a larger context with screenshots and sending it to magazines saying
'feel free to use it' or offering them it exclusively (they like that) would
be a great way to get openSUSE to more users.

I have contacts at magazines and we have a press mailinglist so I can help
here - if any of you are interested in that... And i can help review and write
if you want, too. I enjoy writing after all ;-)

Cheers,
Jos