I also recommend http://linuxappfinder.com/

Bruno.

El 06/07/11 04:52, Stuart Tanner escribió:
Klaas Freitag<frei...@suse.de>  wrote:

Hi,

Le 08/06/2011 00:28, Helen South a écrit :
lovely idea, but return-on-investment?
if the goal is to catch new users (not necessarily newbies, but
mostly
windows users), it's obvious: most people don't mind about Operating
System (they don't even know what it is), but of applications.
agreed.

Having free, excellent and available applications can make them do
the
move. Having these applications available right at install time could
be sufficient to make them move
agreed.

this is the *users* aimed campaign, when we moctly do in programmers
direction by now (obs, studio).
agreed, and thats by intention I guess.

I would love if we point people to our app catalogue more in openSUSE,
for exactly the reason that users do not switch because of the
operating
system but because of apps.

And, yeah, we kind of have something like that: Try
http://en.opensuse.org/Category:Applications
and find an actually not so badly organized list. As often, that could
make use of more love. Also interesting is
http://en.opensuse.org/Application_equivalents
which lists alternatives to windows software.

regards,

Klaas