Am 20.09.2011 18:38, schrieb Roger Luedecke:
On Tuesday, September 20, 2011 05:52:38 AM Kim Leyendecker wrote:
>  Am 20.09.2011 14:34, schrieb Stephan Barth:
>  >  Hi,
>  >
>  >  On Tue, Sep 20, 2011 at 02:37:49PM +0200, Kim Leyendecker wrote:
>  >>  >    See:
>  >>  >    https://features.opensuse.org/312754
>  >
>  >  That's a great idea. Maybe it shouldn't be limited to the browser. Some
>  >  things could be integrated into the desktop in general. Maybe to ask the
>  >  user at first startup if he wants to learn more about openSUSE and gets
>  >  a list of options with stuff from different channels like Twitter,
>  >  mailing lists, etc.
>
>  +1
SUSEGreeter, thats what its called. I think it should be kept... but be made a
bit more useful.

Well, I donĀ“t see any reason to keep SUSEGreeter when a website is much more dynamic.

BTW, I often make the experience that SUSEGreeter is very slow. This really sucks on virtual machines...

Kim

--
  -o) Kim Leyendecker
  /\\ openSUSE Ambassador, openSUSE Wiki Team DE