On Mon, 2011-10-03 at 16:57 +0300, George Bratsos wrote:
> I think 15th is perfect to make the release... We have two days till
> friday to spread the word about our distro release everywhere, plus
> the weekend for users to download and try it. Next week we take
> feedback and publish some articles about the release's feeback and in
> general blog about the whole release.

15th is Tuesday, so it'll actually be three days before.  :-)

One thing I want to mention,  Press will have early access to the final
release (via GM) but they'll probably have some embargo as to when
they'll release their review articles.  So wehther we make it Tuesday or
Wednesday, most of press will have their articles already written, just
waiting for us to say "Go!"  :-)

So its really up to us to find the sweet spot of timing worldwide.
Izabel brought up the need to release prior to LinuxCon.  And seems we
are all in agreement, so unless someone else comes up with another issue
by end of day, I think we'll definitely recommend to Coolo to release on
November 15th.

Of course, the final decision on the date is up to him.  But I think we
have made a good strong case already.

Thanks!
Bryen M Yunashko