Hi,

My technical reply on this:

my google+ reply on the style of his rant:
https://plus.google.com/u/0/115459846930982668806/posts/P36Nw61h75u

SUSE Security is working to make openSUSE both secure and usable,
with both in mind when we do our job.

What is missing usually is the good integration, like in

When you see a root password dialog it usually means the design and
implementation is not fully done and its a stop gap measure to avoid
security holes.

There is more integration work needed really, NetworkManager
and Printing specifically.

Ciao, Marcus

On Thu, Mar 01, 2012 at 08:26:59AM -0200, Raul Libório wrote:
> Thanks Bryen,
> I'm not a subscriber opensuse-gnome list. I see the review.
> Sorry for duplicates.
>
> On Thu, Mar 1, 2012 at 3:08 AM, Bryen M Yunashko <susero...@bryen.com> wrote:
> > On Thu, 2012-03-01 at 02:23 -0200, Raul Libório wrote:
> >> So I agree with him. Certain features daily should not have so many
> >> restrictions.
> >>
> >> 'Kill yourself now' - Torvalds throws openSUSE security tantrum
> >> http://www.theregister.co.uk/2012/02/29/torvalds_tantrum_opensuse/
> >>
> >> and, g+ (Torvalds)
> >> https://plus.google.com/102150693225130002912/posts
> >>

> >> --
> >> Raul Libório
> >>
> >> http://rauhmaru.blogspot.com/
> >> rauhmarutsªhotmailºcom
> >>  openSUSE Member | Linux User #4444581
> >>
> >> "There are only 10 types of people in the world -
> >> Those who understand binary, and those who don't."
> >
> > This issue is already being addressed in the proper mailing list venue.
> > Please send any constructive thoughts there.   See
> > http://lists.opensuse.org/opensuse-gnome/2012-02/msg00040.html for the
> > full thread.
> >
> > Thanks,
> > Bryen M Yunashko
> > openSUSE Project
> >
> > --
> >

> --
> Raul Libório
>
> http://rauhmaru.blogspot.com/
> rauhmarutsªhotmailºcom
>  openSUSE Member | Linux User #4444581
>
> "There are only 10 types of people in the world -
> Those who understand binary, and those who don't."
> --

Working, but not speaking, for the following german company:
SUSE LINUX Products GmbH, HRB 16746 (AG Nuernberg)
Geschaeftsfuehrer: Jeff Hawn, Jennifer Guild, Felix Imendoerffer