On Thursday 01 March 2012 11.36:44 Marcus Meissner wrote:
> Hi,
>
> My technical reply on this:
> http://lists.opensuse.org/opensuse/2012-02/msg01470.html
>
> my google+ reply on the style of his rant:
> https://plus.google.com/u/0/115459846930982668806/posts/P36Nw61h75u
>

> SUSE Security is working to make openSUSE both secure and usable,
> with both in mind when we do our job.
>
> What is missing usually is the good integration, like in
>
> When you see a root password dialog it usually means the design and
> implementation is not fully done and its a stop gap measure to avoid
> security holes.
>
> There is more integration work needed really, NetworkManager
> and Printing specifically.
>
> Ciao, Marcus
>
> On Thu, Mar 01, 2012 at 08:26:59AM -0200, Raul Libório wrote:
> > Thanks Bryen,
> > I'm not a subscriber opensuse-gnome list. I see the review.
> > Sorry for duplicates.
> >
> > On Thu, Mar 1, 2012 at 3:08 AM, Bryen M Yunashko <susero...@bryen.com>
> > wrote:

> > > This issue is already being addressed in the proper mailing list venue.
> > > Please send any constructive thoughts there.   See
> > > http://lists.opensuse.org/opensuse-gnome/2012-02/msg00040.html for the
> > > full thread.
> > >
> > > Thanks,
> > > Bryen M Yunashko
> > > openSUSE Project
> > >

> > --
> > Raul Libório

A big thanks Marcus!

And for those who don't printing is really a tricky point, and I'm not aware of
any OS that doesn't require Administration Privileges escalation
to install a new printer driver.

Remember that printing is the old way to send an email :D

--
Bruno Friedmann
Ioda-Net Sàrl www.ioda-net.ch

openSUSE Member & Ambassador