On Wednesday 29 February 2012 13:22:27 Jos Poortvliet wrote:
> Heya all,
>
> You might have read  that GSOC 2012 is going to happen again:
> http://news.opensuse.org/2012/02/29/opensuse-gsoc-2012/
>
> We need to tell students that they need to be HERE, with US! So we need a
> nice GSOC poster. Now google has made artwork for GSOC 2012:
> http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-0Z4BTG1iJDs/TyG9uyApFrI/AAAAAAAAAhY/raFJlaZqdes/
> s1600/GSOC+12+logo.png
>
> I slapped a geeko on it but that's of course not good enough :D
>
> So, who can design some poster which can be used at conferences and
> universities to get students into GSOC 2012?
>
> I was thinking about taking google's image on the bottom of a poster,
> adding the blue on top and having some text there, see my crazy drawing
> here: http://susepaste.org/13964893
>
> Something like that... I've uploaded it to github just so you have
> something as a starter :D
>
> BTW we still need a text for on this poster, too:
> http://susepaste.org/71297168
>
> ideas?
>

> Love,
> Jos

Thanks everyone for the awesome creativity in this thread. Really, really
REALLY cool!

The many itterations led to a pretty cool thing imho - the poster Andi
blogged about I think is pretty much ready for print. The text is a bit IN-
YOUR-FACE, I wonder if the colors of the background could be used for the
fonts instead to make them look less out of place? But in any case, the
background should be turned into a GSOC t-shirt or so :D

Oh and Andi, talkin' about you - keep working on that icon for one-click-
install. Awesome. Now a small one :D

Victor, I love the monitor idea. I think it's not so fitting to GSOC but I do
think we should keep that for something in the future. If you want I can
upload the SVG to our github repo - but you could do it yourself too, I'd be
happy to give you access rights :D

Now after all the huggy things, a request - oSC 2012 needs art. I would
suggest that a quick google image search on prague might give some
inspiration?!?

/Jos