On Tue, 2012-04-17 at 12:30 +0300, Kostas Koudaras wrote:
> 2012/4/17 Manu Gupta <manugu...@gmail.com>:
> > Can you add the openstack appliance on SUSE Studio to the list too
> >
> > On Tue, Apr 17, 2012 at 2:45 PM, Jos Poortvliet <j...@opensuse.org> wrote:
> >> anyone interested in this writing job?
> >>
> >> It's about openStack on openSUSE which is available thanks to work by B1
> >> and
> >> the boosters (among other things, you need to figure out if they worked
> >> together on this!)
> >>
> >> I wrote down a few pointers and links where you can get info for the
> >> article
> >> but otherwise - it is empty and you'll have to set the direction.
> >> http://news.opensuse.org/?p=13018&preview=true
> >>
> >> I think it's best to make it a kind of big-ish announcement: openStack is
> >> availalbe for openSUSE, this is where to get it and how to use it (short)
> >> with links. And some history on where it came from (B1, SUSE becoming
> >> platinum partner of openStack, boosters worked on it, etc).
> >>
> >> Should be done in the next few days...
> >>
> >> Who's up for it?
> >>

> I could read them by tommorow and return in a couple of days with something
> :-)
> when you are saying:
> maybe ask if:
> - the boosters worked with the B1 ppl
> - what the B1 ppl think of it
> you mean shoot some questions to those guys by mail?
> Manu if you have any other links I could read please shoot ;-)
>
> >> /Jos
> >\

It's worth mentioning also in the article that openSUSE now offers the
most complete selection of cloud software packages compared to other
major distros.  I recently learned this while talking to Robjo, who
maintains opennebula.   Unfortunately, my IRC logging system is
apparently broken so I can't copy/paste the conversation, but if you
were logged in last week to -project channel, you'll see the
conversation.  It's a nice "ooh"-factor that demonstrates how openSUSE
is consistently about choice and not about forcing an agenda on our
userbase.

Bryen