> On Monday 18 August 2014 10.29:46 Henne Vogelsang wrote:
>> On 16.08.2014 13:05, Nenad Latinović wrote:
>>
>> > 1. For now (110+ responses), the quality of the news is rated
>> > somewhere between 3 and 4. (both tied, but there are 9 responses for 1
>> > and 2, and only 6 for 5).
>>
>> That's good :-)
>>
>> > 3. There are currently a vast majority of wishes for news to be
>> > published only a couple of times/week instead of every day, or once a
>> > week.
>>
>> Hmmm so we're back to square 345 and the monthly magazine idea. I guess
>> we should do both...

Yeap we should, I think I have a Gdoc about the monthly magazine
somewhere or else I have notes from previous conversations we had,
unfortunatelly this month is a rough month full of work away from
wifi.
The main problem here is manpower but this is something we could walk
through if the planning is good.
Definatelly this is something we should look into it in the upcomming
Marketing Hackfest...

>> > 4. The site's appearance is rated nearly 50 for 4, and 30+ for 3.
>> > About twenty percent want an overhaul, the same are against it, while
>> > 50+ % think the appearance is not important, but only content.

I think if we work the content more a 'facelift' on the appearance is
needed, just to show the 'freshness', if you get what I mean.

>> I guess that's because most of them read through an RSS feed reader.
>> Page visits are pretty low anyway...
>>
>> > And now for the most important part:
>> >
>> > In the 'write your opinion' section, the most recurring responses are
>> > that non-technical and technical news should be treated equally, so I
>> > guess we'd need a power-user who's willing to write for n.o.o.
>> > regularly. The other is that series like the past CLT and similar
>> > don't belong on the news site, but there are suggestions to either
>> > create a separate site like omgubuntu of fedoraftw, or to find a way
>> > to merge the n.o.o. with lizards. How could that be done?

There was an OMG openSUSE page but at the end we were just a couple of
people writing to is so the guy who made it just throw it away. With
the exception of part of the Summer I could help on writing as I told
you before.
My opinion and it is one thing I also wanted for the magazine is to
form a Team, make regular meetings in the Marketing Channel(IRC) as we
did before, throw all the ideas about what we thing we should do and
plan how and when we will release that.
What do you think?
Have Fun
Kostas
>> Yeah that is a long standing wish of many people. It would be trivial
>> with the current wordpress, but it would require some engineering and
>> migrating which we lack manpower for...
>>
>> Henne
>>

> Henne, could you please try to have a rough estimate of the effort ?
> is it one day, one week, a month ???
>
> How hard it would be a by example a small team with 2 noobs, a you like, and
> a darix like ?
>
> Regards.
> --
>
> Bruno Friedmann
> Ioda-Net Sàrl www.ioda-net.ch
>
> openSUSE Member & Board
> GPG KEY : D5C9B751C4653227
> irc: tigerfoot
>
> ~~~ ~~~
> --

If you're not failing every now and again, it's a sign you're not
doing anything very innovative.
me I am not I